Law School Student Funded Fellowship raised $2,224.50 from 60 donors (48 students). They will also receive $137 from the University’s Giving Blueday student giving match. In addition, they won the University’s challenge for engaging recent grads and will receive another $1,000. For a TOTAL of $3,361.50 — just about meeting our goal of funding one full grant. Spectacular work, team!
Thanks to everyone who applied for this year’s SFF grant. Application decisions were e-mailed this past week and the status of individuals on the waiting list should be resolved within the week. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Applications Co-Chairs, Liz Och and Jeff Jay.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our first-ever MLaw Feud last night! It turned out to be a great successor to the Knowledge Bowl. Thanks to the Necto Nightclub for hosting the event, thanks to Professor Seinfeld for emcee-ing, and congratulations to our winning team of professors—cherish your trophy!
Just a friendly heads-up that this year’s SFF application decisions will be finalized soon after we wrap up this year’s fundraising with our MLaw Feud event on Thursday, April 3 at the Necto. We will plan to notify applicants of decisions during the subsequent week.
Thanks to everyone who came out to support the public interest community at Michigan Law at last night’s 2014 SFF Auction.
Thanks to your support, and our matching program underwritten by this year’s A.W. Brian Simpson Memorial Award recipient, Professor Robert Hirshon, we were able to raise more than $51,000 in a single night!
And if you were there to witness it, you know that there was more to the evening than paddle-raising. Perhaps you saw Dean Z’s instant-classic cameo in the opening video? Or perhaps you saw Professor Niehoff break four cement blocks with his bare hands on the floor of Hutchins Hall? We can’t make these things up—that’s the Michigan Difference!
We look forward to seeing you in two weeks for MLaw Feud at the Necto Nightclub. Details coming soon.
Looking forward to seeing you at tonight’s 2014 SFF Auction!
Your chance to win a MacBook Air, it is 11 inch, Model NO: A1465 (4GB/ 128 GB Flash storage).
Go long! Go Blue!
Today’s SFF Auction Item of the Day is a Football Signed by the Michigan Football Team!
SFF will be auctioning off 3 fun nights with professors!
Are You Smarter Than a Law Professor?
Looking for a chance to outsmart a professor? Show off your wits to your study group? Now is your chance.
- Trivia night at Conor O’Neill’s for 5 students and Prof. Kyle Logue.
- Prof. Logue will cover the tab.
- Conor O’Neill’s has trivia on Monday nights – the team and Prof. Logue will agree upon a date.
Come All Ye Poolsharks!
- Prof. Rine’s love of Cambodia is outweighed only by his love of dominating students at the ancient Khmer game of pool.
- A night out with Prof. Nicholas Rine with any number of students at a pool bar.
- He’ll pick up the tab if you present the challenge
- Prof. Rine will contribute a dollar per point to SFF if he loses a game
- Feel like a philanthropist while you play pool. What could be better than that?
An Evening at the Pub with Miller and Crane
- Up to six students may join
- Profs. Miller and Crane will pick up the tab
- No topics are off limits, except that Profs. Miller and Crane are each allowed one get out of jail free card